Memory Usage of Google Chrome vs Firefox


Image provided by ~foice
I have used Google Chrome as my default web browser since the beta release on September 2008. Three features I like most about the web browser is the clean and simple look, the merged address and search bar, and the multi-process architecture. At the time, Firefox couldn’t match these features, or even come close. I have used Google Chrome ever since. After using Google Chrome since 2008, I never once tested memory usage and compared the results with Firefox. Continue reading…
4 Comments | Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.

Ubuntu — Traitors of Linux, Open Source Software and The Community: Is Ubuntu Becoming Too Commercialized?


Screen shot captured from Ubuntu.com
What do you think? Is Ubuntu becoming too commercialized? Now featured on Ubuntu’s website: Ubuntu TV. It looks pretty cool, but that’s not what this is about. I want opinions. I want to know what you think. For me, it was Ubuntu that pulled me away from depending on –and actively using– commercialized software. And now, I am questioning if Ubuntu has become a traitor.
Linux: the concept of using open source software. The vision of being able to use a computer efficiently and effectively without having a dependency on Microsoft software. After many years of having this ‘fatal attraction’ it was Ubuntu that enabled this fantasy become a reality.
Proprietary hardware and software: Bill Gates — sneaky, manipulative, greedy little troll… and leech. Steve Jobs — amazing artist, control freak and, quite honestly… human. The money went to his brain, just like it would have for me. There’s no denying that. But that’s not the topic. Continue reading…
21 Comments | Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.

The Best, Affordable, Cheap, Dependable VPS Web Hosting on The Planet!

Over the last few years I have been hooked on Hostgator web hosting. Don’t get me wrong, I still like them a lot. But also too, I like to try new things. Prior to joining with Hostgator I was really into VPS web hosting. At the time, VPS hosting was expensive. Over the last few years prices have dropped quite a bit and quality has gone up.
VPS web hosting gives users more control over the server compared to shared web hosting. With most VPS web hosting accounts users are granted root access. VPS web hosting isn’t a simple user friendly type of web hosting. It’s much different than cPanel shared web hosting. With VPS hosting you’re literally given a blank web server to do what you want with it. Continue reading…
| Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.

Ubuntu: Unity vs Gnome 12.04 LST — Which is Better?

I am a little behind schedule with posting a rant post about how much I think Unity sucks. Earlier this year I installed Ubuntu 11.04 and was shocked to see such drastic changes. My initial thoughts after installing was that I accidentally downloaded Ubuntu Netbook Edition. Later on after trying to figure out what the hell happened, I discovered that Ubuntu replaced Gnome with Unity. Continue reading…
8 Comments | Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.

Which IOS 5 Features Work with iPhone 3GS?

Apple iPhone IOS 5 released today. The first thing I wanted to know is which IOS 5 features work with my current iPhone 3GS. It took awhile to find this page, so here’s a quick link for others who wanted to know the same thing. Continue reading…
| Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.

Is it Worth Upgrading to iPhone 4S?

There is probably a few other things I could have done in 97 minutes other than watching the iPhone 4S product presentation video on Apple.com this evening, but I’m kinda interested in that type of stuff, so I’m sure it’s excusable.
Anyway, I really like the new features and specs with the new iPhone 4S. I’m really excited about Siri, iCloud, and the upgraded camera. But now I’m wondering if it’s worth upgrading. This fall I can finally upgrade and I am not sure if I am going to try an Android. I have used an iPhone for three years and have been very happy. Continue reading…
2 Comments | Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.

Google Chrome For iPhone Coming Soon?

I posted about this last month. It hasn’t happened yet, and it’s still on my mind. I use my iPhone about as much as I use my computer. I use Google Chrome on my computer mainly for the bookmark sync feature. This comes in handy when toggling between multiple computers. Continue reading…
3 Comments | Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.

Sprint $20 Billion iPhone Math Error

I am not sure this is going to work. Sprint agreed to purchase 30.5 million iPhones over the course of the next four years at a price of $20 billion. Sprint only has 27.4 million customers. Also, Sprint paid $655 per unit and intends to sell each unit for $500. I not a mathematician by any means, so can someone explain to me how this is going to work? Continue reading…
1 Comment | Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.

Adsense Users Must Update To The New Interface

I just received an email from the Google AdSense team advising me that the old AdSense interface is finally getting phased out. I wanted to share this with all my readers to give you the heads up. Here’s a copy of the email received: Continue reading…
| Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.

What is Brick and Mortar Affiliate Marketing? And Why Do Most People SUCK at Affiliate Marketing?

Before diving into this article, I want you to know that I actually do not think that most people SUCK at affiliate marketing. The title of this article is simply intended to capture your attention. Now that I have it, I want to show you how changing your perception of affiliate marketing could ultimately result in success. This article does not focus on negatives. It does not include a top ten list of reasons why people fail. And it does not include examples of common mistakes people make. Instead, this article focuses on the positives. My goal is to change your perception of what you think affiliate marketing is and to teach you a different way of thinking. I believe this will result in you becoming successful with affiliate marketing. Continue reading…
2 Comments | Post a comment, ask a question or learn more about me.